Welcome to the Maine GFOA Homepage
The purpose of the Maine Government Finance Officer's Association shall be to promote and improve professional financial management at all levels of government, within the State of Maine, by
- supporting and promoting generally accepted methods of financial management as developed and recommended by the GFOA of the United States and Canada and other recognized bodies in the field of government financial administration,
- strengthen the quality of government administration through advocating favorable local, state and federal legislation and policy,
- provide a clearinghouse for the exchange of information and the solution of common problems,
- encourage recruitment and training of qualified public officials and employees through seminars, workshops and other means,
- promote achievement of greater efficiency and economy in government operations
Maine GFOA Winter Training and Luncheon
The Maine GFOA is hosting a Winter Training Session and Luncheon on February 28, 2013 at the Governor Hill Mansion, 136 State Street, Augusta, Maine with registration starting at 8:30. The fee, including lunch, is $30.00 for MEGFOA members and $40.00 for non-members. Please see the attached for the training schedule, contact information and a registration form.
We look forward to seeing everyone there.
2010-02 Feb 26 MGFOA Luncheon.doc